summerset is un-officially ruled by shel’alva, the merchant king. beneath him sit the ten acting sargassio sealords. not having any interest in the direct ruling of a city, shel’alva appointed three lords, sealord gawdleblack, sealord witherbone and sealord swansea to serve as his council of coin. this group establishes all levies and ensures that some manner of stability remains among the cities turbulent trade.
The summerset highguard number 200 warriors who also serve as peacekeepers. while each man’s life’s allegiance belongs to his respective lord, it is tradition that every lord commits an equal number of men to the highguard, making the force perfectly balanced. at ten acting lords, this amounts to 20 highguard per fleet. sutter’s rock keep (the shroud – central) serves as their barracks. shel’alva can call up to 1000 militia in the form of sellswords at need.
- el’shala (the figurehead – ben hadar)
- oni’s anchor (the figurehead – north)
- the gaunt goblin (the quarterdeck – west).
- osprem’s market (starting on ben hadar in the figurehead and ending at end of mark, quarterdeck )
- cankerbrock’s supplies (the shrouds – south)
- bittleswith’s odds and ends (the figurehead – east)